28 Affirmations for New Beginnings and Embracing Change
New beginnings are exciting. There is a thrill that comes along with starting over and entering a new phase of life.
But new beginnings can also be scary. Especially for those of us that feel anxiety when we don’t know what’s going to happen next.
The fear of the unknown definitely sends me into a whirlwind of many mixed emotions.
In an effort to help manage those mixed emotions, let’s explore some positive affirmations to help us navigate new beginnings.
Positive Affirmations for New Beginnings
To help us maintain a positive mindset and keep the overwhelm to a minimum as we deal with the uncertainty of starting anew, these affirmations will be broken out into four sections:
- Starting fresh
- Embracing change
- Letting Go of the Past
- New Opportunities
Affirmations for Starting Fresh
When you start fresh, you’re taking a step into the unknown and allowing yourself to create a new life and a better future for yourself.
1. I am capable of creating the life I want and desire.
2. I trust that every decision I make is leading me to something greater.
3. I am grateful for the chance to start anew.
4. I am open to experiencing new things.
5. I release the old and happily welcome all that’s new.
6. I look forward to making positive changes in my life.
7. I am still in control of my life despite outside forces.
Affirmations for Embracing Change
Change is happening whether we want it to or not. Instead of resisting the change, let’s embrace being open to learning new things and growing.
8. I welcome change and new experiences with open arms.
9. I am grateful for the change that encourages me to step out of my comfort zone.
10. I release the fear surrounding change and not knowing what happens next.
11. I adapt to change and new situations with ease.
12. I am excited about the lessons and experiences that come with change.
13. I trust in the Universe to help me spread my wings.
14. I am capable of handling change with an optimistic attitude.
Affirmations for Letting Go of the Past
In order to move forward and make progress in your future, you have to let go of the past. You’re letting go of hurt and resentment while opening up yourself to forgiveness.
15. I release the self-doubt and perfectionist mindset that kept me stuck.
16. I forgive myself for mistakes that I have made.
17. I am not defined by my past, so I choose to live in the present.
18. I let go of resentments and grudges that steal my energy.
19. I am grateful for the ability to look at my past as a learning experience.
20. I leave behind bad habits that hinder my growth.
21. I release limiting beliefs as they have no place in my future.
Affirmations for New Opportunities
Accepting new opportunities means you’re taking a chance on yourself. And you should because it means you believe in yourself and your ability to succeed.
22. I am worthy of every new opportunity that comes my way.
23. I am grateful for new opportunities and experiences.
24. I am capable of excelling and being successful in new opportunities.
25. I trust that each opportunity I’m presented with was given to me because it is for me.
26. I believe in my ability to grow and create something amazing with new opportunities.
27. I am deserving of the abundance and success new opportunities will bring.
28. I pursue new opportunities with confidence and intention.
My Thoughts on New Beginnings Affirmations
New beginnings can be difficult to deal with, but effectively moving through those changes depends on our mindset.
So use these affirmations to help you maintain a positive outlook as you grow and embrace the known and unknown changes in your life.