So, what’s so special about journaling during moon phases? Well, taking the time to journal during each moon phase is a great way to do a complete overhaul of your life, And answering these new moon journal prompts can be the 1st step in making that change in your life.
So, What does the New Moon Symbolize?
The new moon symbolizes starting anew. A new beginning. It’s the best time to reflect and analyze where you are in life. If you wish to transform your life for the better, now is the time to really focus on identifying goals and creating an action plan.
Don’t forget to check out some other moon journaling prompts:
15 New Moon Journaling Prompts
Here are 15 new moon journal prompts to initiate the change you want to see in your life. I’ve broken the prompts out into three parts:
- Self-Reflection: The self-reflection prompts are designed to help you take a step back and evaluate your life in its current state.
- Intention: The intention prompts will help you clarify what you need to do in order to improve your life.
- Preparation: The preparation prompts will make you think about actions you need to take in order to receive what you desire.
Self Reflection Prompts
1. Who am I today? Think about who you are right now at this moment. How would you describe yourself? What are your likes and dislikes?
2. What do I want out of life? Be honest about what you want for yourself. No matter what it is or how crazy it may sound to other people.
3. What beliefs do I currently hold that are stopping me from getting what I want in life? If you have beliefs that get in the way of what you want, you have to acknowledge it in order to move forward.
4. When I think about these beliefs, how do I feel? Do I really believe these beliefs, or have they been passed down to me?
Think about your beliefs and where they come from. Did you develop them on your own? Were they taught to you?
5. Are you willing to become the person you need to be in order to create the life you want? Are you ready to show up for yourself?
This is what held me back for a really long time. I wasn’t ready to show up for myself in business. I was scared. And I still am, but I’m doing it anyway because…why not?
6. What is it that I need the most in my life right now? Think about a couple of areas in your life that you’d like to enhance. Here are some areas you could focus on: career, personal growth, money, or self-care.
7. What intentions am I going to set for myself? List out 3 major intentions for the upcoming month. Be specific as possible.
Instead of declaring I will practice self-care more, you can declare I will practice self-care 2 times a week.
8. What is my action plan for following through with my intentions? Come up with at least 4-5 action steps for each intention you set. Setting the intention is great, but you will also want to have a plan for following through.
9. Are there any obstacles I foresee impacting my following through with my intentions? While setting intentions should always be positive, I’m a realist and sometimes things happen. It’s important to plan ahead so that you can navigate around any issues.
10. How will following through with my intentions impact my life? Think about the difference following through with your intentions will make. Will it make you feel accomplished? Will it inspire you to continue this journey of creation?
11. What are 3 things I can do right now to best prepare myself for what I desire? How can you make it clear to yourself that you’re ready to receive change? If you need a tip to get you started, here’s one: change your mindset. Start with believing that everything you desire is possible.
12. What beliefs, habits, or situations in my life will I need to leave behind so that I can move forward? Be 100% honest with yourself because only you know what you need to do to improve your life.
13. Am I ready to make the difficult decision to release things that no longer serve me? Releasing things that don’t serve you doesn’t have to be a drastic change. It could be something small like unfollowing a negative account on social media.
14. How will I feel once I release things that no longer serve me? Think about how you’re going to feel once you remove some things from your life.
People often believe that releasing something that no longer works for you will instantly make you happy. But that’s not always the case. It hurts sometimes.
15. What’s my mental, physical, and emotional cleansing routine? Think about how you refresh and cleanse yourself in these areas of your life to prepare for new things in your life.
What makes your mind feel refreshed? What makes you feel emotionally open to receiving? What physical activities make you feel better and ready to conquer your life?
New moon journaling prompts are great for helping you reflect, set intentions, and release negative energy.