Do you feel like you’ve tried everything under the sun to create change in your life but nothing seems to be working? Maybe it’s time for a new approach.
In this post, I’m going to show you how to start a manifestation journal!
What is a Manifestation Journal
A manifestation journal is a mystical tool infused with your energy and intention that utilizes the law of attraction to not only create the life you desire but also the life you deserve.
It’s way more than just a notebook full of your goals and dreams.
Choosing a Journal
The first step in starting a manifestation journal is to pick a journal that speaks to you.
This journal is going to be the creator of your desired life. You want a journal that is going to call out to you. It should be alluring.
Your manifestation journal is going to be exclusive to your manifestations. So don’t use it for your to-do lists and random writings. You don’t need those things to interfere with your manifestations.
When choosing a manifestation journal, I like to look for one that’s attractive and durable. I love beautiful journals – especially ones I can decorate myself with my box of arts and crafts.
Durability may matter for you depending on how you plan to use your journal. A simple notebook or bullet journal is fine for just writing. But if plan to use glue, markers, and other things then you probably want to get something sturdier like a sketchbook. I have both.
Benefits of Keeping a Manifestation Journal
Besides the obvious benefit of living a dream life designed by you, there are some other perks to starting a manifestation journal. It can help you:
Reach Your Goals
It doesn’t matter if you have short-term or long-term goals, manifestation journaling can help you achieve them. When I started my journal, it gave me a sense of purpose which increased my productivity and allowed me to get more done.
Keeping a manifestation journal has been a great way for me to keep track of the things I’ve manifested in my life. Looking back at my biggest accomplishments is all the motivation I need to keep going.
It’s really hard to not have positive thoughts when you wake up every day knowing that everything you desire is being constructed behind the scenes.
Follow a Manifestation Process
Before you sit to write down manifestations, come up with a routine to get you in the zone. Here is a 4-step process you can follow.
1. Pick a location: Choose where you will do your journaling because the location matters. I like to choose a place that’s clean and quiet. I like the lights to be dimmed. So I usually do this at night when there is usually less light.
2. Gather your tools: Grab everything you need to make your journaling process go smoothly. The basic tools are your journal and a pen.
If you are doing a manifestation journal where you’ll be gluing in pictures and using markers, glitter, stencils, or whatever your heart desires, make sure you have all these things around for easy access.
3. Create the ambiance: Light some candles and turn on some music. You want to feel peaceful and stress-free as you sit down to write. No negative thoughts.
4. Write it out: With your manifestations in mind, it’s time to write it out. Now when it comes to writing in your manifestation journal, the choice is yours in how you set it up.
But remember to write in the present tense.
Here is how I set up my manifestation journal:
I write the date in the top right corner. Then I create a gratitude list of at least three things that I’m thankful for in my life.
I don’t believe in manifesting new things into your life without being grateful for what you already have.
After my gratitude list, I write down my manifestation. I’m not using any manifestation journal prompts at the moment, but it could be helpful for you if you need a boost to get your words flowing.
Tips for Your Manifestation Journey
Focus on Your Dream Life
Write down your reality. Focus on writing down things you want to bring into your life. And make sure you write as if these things already exist in your life.
Release Limiting Beliefs
Release any self-doubt. There is no room for doubting yourself when it comes to creating your reality. Believe in yourself. And if you don’t believe in what you’re manifesting, I would recommend not writing it in your journal. You should wait until you’re feeling more confident.
Know Your Intention
Know what you want to manifest. Before you start journaling, take a few moments to really think about what you want. Be specific as possible. Try to tap into the five senses. What does it feel like? What does it smell like? How does it make you feel?
Being specific is a lesson I had to learn the hard way. I manifested a new car. But in order to get that new car my old car ended up being wrecked, and now that new car has issues.
Think about potential obstacles. It’s possible that you may run into some issues. Things don’t always go as planned. So think about potential roadblocks beforehand and develop a plan to demolish them when they arise.
Prepare for a New Reality
Understand how manifestation will change your life. Once the things you manifest have come to fruition, do you know its impact on your life? Will you be able to handle the change?
Recognize the Signs
Pay attention to the signs. You will need to come up with a way to identify if the things you have been manifesting are actually working. Has the universe granted your request? If you’ve been manifesting wealth, maybe you’ve been offered a promotion or found a new career. Or maybe your mind has been filled with some creative ideas to start your own business.
Now you know how to start a manifestation journal
It’s time for you to start your own manifestation journal so that your deepest desires come true. Don’t forget these tips:
- Pick a journal you will want to write in – one that’s attractive.
- Be intentional.
- Only use your journal for manifestations. Don’t write down random thoughts.
- Journal your manifestations a few times a week to get into the habit of always creating a better life for yourself.
- Journal as if you already have the things you are trying to manifest. Stay in the present tense.
- Manifest with a clear, focused mind.
Tell me what you want to manifest in the comments below.
Want more manifestation tips? Check out these posts:
- 7 Steps for the Perfect Morning Manifestation Routine
- How to Write an Effective Manifestation List for Whatever You Desire
- 11 Ways to Manifest Quickly (Beginner Friendly)
- 9 Ways to Manifest Self Love and Confidence